Year 2 Home Readers 📚
The children will be sent home with a home reading book and reading diary.
- Book change days are Tuesday and Thursday
- It may be that your child is given the same book more than once. This is to ensure the children continue to receive books at the appropriate level for their reading ability. But it also gives the children another opportunity to decode the words in the book and become familiar with the story books.
- Please sign in your child’s diary when you have listened to them read at home
- In the RWI Book Bag books you will find some questions in the book - once your child has finished the book please ask them the questions . This will help identify if they have understood the text.
- Inside the children’s home reading diary you will find their log on details for Education City, Purple Mash etc.
Year 2 PE 🤸🏽♀️🤾🏿♂️
Our PE day is on a Wednesday. Children will need to come to school in their PE kits. Sometimes we may be outside for PE so joggers and a jumper may be needed as the colder weather arrives.
Please can we also remind parents that earrings must be removed before school on PE days.
Thank you ⭐️