At Timberley, we offer part time places for 2 to 3 year olds. We aim to provide high quality care and education for children. If you would like your child to attend our setting, please complete an application form and return it to the school office.
Nursery 1 are having a Creative Workshop. If your child attends Nursery 1, come along and get creative with them. The morning session is on Tuesday 5th December 2017 and begins at 9am and the afternoon session is on Wednesday 6th December and begins at 12.30pm.
Free childcare for two year olds
Birmingham City Council offers an early education entitlement for two year old children for the least advantaged families in the city.
Eligible two year olds will be entitled for up to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year, following the school term after their second birthday.
This must be taken over a minimum of two days from a childcare provider that is approved to provide the early education entitlement for two year olds. The childcare provider must also be registered with Ofsted.
To be eligible families will need to access certain benefits or the children are looked after by the local authority (please refer to the attachment 'Which two year old children are eligible?').
Below are the dates when children can access the Free 2 Year Old Early Years Entitlement; an eligibility check needs to be done before your child can start, but this can be done in the funding periods below, giving you time to find an Early Years Place for your child:
- Children born from the 1st January to 31st March (inclusive) will become eligible for the Free 2 Year Old Early Years entitlement in the Summer Funding Period (1st April – 31st August) – therefore the check can be done from the 1st January.
- Children born from the 1st April to 31st August (inclusive) will become eligible for the Free 2 Year Old Early Years entitlement in the Autumn Funding Period (1st September – 31st December) – therefore the check can be done from the 1st April.
- Children born from the 1st September to 31st December (inclusive) will become eligible for the Free 2 Year Old Early Years entitlement in the Spring Funding Period (1st January – 31st March) – therefore the check can be done from the 1st September.
If you feel that your child may be eligible for 2 year old funding, please fill in the application form below and hand into a member of staff with your application form for a place. You can also follow the link below and print the outcome which can also be handed in to staff.
At Timberley Nursery, we expect children to attend every session. We know that regular attendance is directly linked to raising achievement, helps build skills for life, developing children's confidence and helping them make and keep lasting friendships.
Attending Nursery gives your child a valuable introduction to school. It gives children the opportunity to develop their skills and mix with others of their own age. Establishing regular routines for your children at an early age is extremely important. It will benefit both you and your children as they progress through their school life and limit the chances of poor attendance, which may have a negative effect on their enjoyment and achievement.
Evidence has shown that children who have a smooth and positive start at school remain high achievers throughout their primary education and beyond.
- If your child has a funded place and does not attend regularly they may lose their place. If they cannot attend for any reason, always let staff know.
- You can help your child to have a positive time at school by making sure they attend Nursery regularly and on time.